Three cheese mac & cheese
(adapted from this recipe)
6 garlic cloves (diced)
1 tsp mustard
3 tbsp plain flour
500ml whole milk
250g cheddar (grated)
50g parmesan (grated)
50g feta cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Boil macaroni pasta so it’s slightly more raw than it should be.
2. Melt 2 tbsp butter in a pan. Add diced garlic and let it cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add flour and stir into butter so it forms a paste. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Add milk slowly into butter whilst stirring. Let it simmer for 5-6 minutes whilst stirring so that it thickens slightly.
5. Add mustard and a couple of sprigs of chive diced up.
6. Mix in the cheddar and 25g of the parmesan to the mixture. It should make a smooth creamy sauce.
7. Add the near-cooked macaroni to the sauce, mix well, then pour into a baking dish.
8. Scatter the remaining parmesan over the pasta evenly. Crumble feta and some more diced chives over the top. Finally, scatter 1-2 tbsps of breadcrumbs over the top.
9. Bake for 20 minutes until bubbling and slightly brown and crispy.