3 tbsp roasted peanuts (diced)
3-4 garlic cloves (diced)
1 shallot (diced)
200g flat rice noodles
3 tbsp tamarind paste
5 tsp fish sauce
3 tbsp palm sugar
3 stalks spring onions
½ carrot (grated)
200g raw king prawns
2 tbsp dried shrimp (optional)
1. Boil water – put noodles into pan and cover with the hot water. Allow to soften until al dente. Pour into sieve and pour cold water to stop rice noodles from sticking.
2. Roast peanuts until pan until slightly brown – put aside.
3. Put 2-3 tbsp cooking oil into a wok – fry the garlic and shallot until soft and slightly brown.
4. Add the prawns, carrots, noodles, tamarind puree, fish sauce and palm sugar. Use chopsticks to help separate the noodles.
5. Put the noodle stirfry to one side and crack both eggs. Scramble the eggs initially on its own, then mix with noodles before fully cooked.
6. Add the spring onions and dried shrimp. Sprinkle half a lime over the noodles. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
7. Serve with chilli flakes, roasted peanuts and a wedge of lime on the side.