Sundried tomato and black olive plaited bread
(as adapted from BBC Food)
675g white flour
1½ tsp salt
1½ tsp sugar
3 tsp easy bake yeast
450ml warm water
1½ tbsp olive oil
100g black olives, sliced
50g sundried tomatoes, sliced
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 egg, beaten
1. Mix flour, salt, sugar and yeast in bowl.
2. Add olive oil to warm water. Create well and pour warm water mix into well. Mix with wooden spoon to soft dough.
3. Lightly flour clean worktop. Knead dough for 10 minutes and form into ball.
4. Place ball in lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Let the dough rise for 1 hour.
5. Once risen, put the dough back on the floured worktop. Sprinkle the olives, sundried tomatoes and tomato paste over the dough and knead for 5-10 minutes until ingredients worked in.
6. Form three long sausages and plait the bread.
7. Pre-heat oven to 220ºC/400F/Gas 7. Place plaited bread in tray with greaseproof paper. Cover with cling film and let it rise for 30 minutes.
8. Remove cling film. Add a few drops of balsamic vinegar to the beaten egg and brush the top of the bread with the mixture.
8. Bake bread for 15 minutes.
10. Lower oven temperature to 190ºC/375F/Gas 5. Bake for a further 30 minutes.